The Ministry of Education is partnering with TVNZ to deliver one home learning channel to provide educational material to New Zealand children (a second non-TVNZ channel will offer Maori content). This will complement the work teachers around the country are already delivering for their students.
- Home Learning TV is scheduled to run from 15th April. The channel will run for 1 month and it may be extended if required.
- The Channel is available between 9am – 3pm - Monday to Friday.
- The Channel is available on what is normally TVNZ 2+1. It is also available for viewers on Freeview Channel 7 and Sky Channel 502.
- The channel is available for live stream on TVNZ OnDemand https://www.tvnz.co.nz/livetv
- The Channel comprises teacher-led lessons with short pieces of appropriate TVNZ and HEIHEI content providing short breaks
- Lessons provided will cover 5 – 15-year olds
- Talented individuals delivering content include Suzy Cato, Karen O’Leary, Jordon Vandermade and Nathan Wallis