In order to keep you logged into your account, TVNZ has to save a cookie to your computer. If you’re not able to login, cookies might not be enabled in your browser or your cookie settings may be blocking cookies.
If you are in browsing in Privacy mode or Incognito mode, you will need to turn it off in order to login to TVNZ.
To check/update your cookie settings:
- Check for an icon of a cookie with an x through it on the right hand side of your browser address bar.
- Click on the cookie and you should see a pop up message which says This page was prevented from setting cookies. You’ll need to make sure that “Always allow tvnz.co.nz to set cookies” is checked so that you can login and have our site remember you.
- If you don’t see the Cookie icon, you can also check your cookie settings by selecting the Chrome menu then Settings > Content Settings. Click on “Manage Exceptions” to add us to your Exceptions list by typing in [*.]tvnz.co.nz and selecting Allow.
- Click on Settings then select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Click on the Privacy tab then select Advanced.
- Check the Override automatic cookie handling box.
- Next select Accept under First-party Cookies.
- Select OK in the Advanced Privacy Settings window.
- Select OK on the Internet Options window to save your changes
- Go to Tools then Options in the Firefox menu.
- Select the Privacy tab
- Select Remember History under "Firefox will:" drop-down menu.
- Hit okay to close and save the new privacy setting.
- Select Preferences from the Safari menu.
- Select Privacy.
- Select From third parties and advertisers under Block cookies
- Close and save the new privacy setting.
Once you have updated your cookie settings, you should be able to login to TVNZ.