We are sorry to hear that you’re having this issue with TVNZ+. Here are a few things you can try to help get a better playback experience:
- If you’re using WiFi on a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable – please test video playback with a cable
- If you have to use WiFi on your computer – check out the signal strength – if it’s low – try watching while you’re closer to your router and make sure there aren’t too many devices connected to the WiFi.
- Make sure there is no-one in your household using all of your bandwidth. Simultaneous internet use on multiple devices on the same connection may result in poor video playback.
- Make sure your internet browser is completely up to date with the latest versions. Try an alternative internet browser and see if you have better results.
- Try uninstalling then reinstalling your app.
- Make sure you have no background downloads running (on any devices in your household).
- Restart your home network by switching off your device(s) and powering off your modem (and wireless router if it’s a separate device) for at least 30 seconds before switching on again. Then reset your Computer/Laptop by turning it OFF for 30 seconds from the wall if it is a computer. Then turn them both back ON again and then try to watch something on TVNZ+.
- If you have modified any of your device’s connection settings, restore to your Internet Service Provider’s default settings – turn off any VPN connections you may have switched on; reset your device to pick up the default DNS setting. If you are not sure how to do this, get in touch with your device manufacturer.
- If using a Samsung TV we’d also recommend that you try resetting your TV's Smart Hub. Please be aware, doing this will wipe any apps you've downloaded, so you may need to download them again afterwards unless they come with the Smart Hub by default.Here is how to reset your Samsung TV's Smart Hub:- First exit the Smart Hub then press the Menu key on your TV's remote control.- Go to the Smart Hub > Smart Hub Reset.- Tick all the boxes under Terms and Conditions.- Select Reset Smart Hub and enter your PIN (default - 0000).- Wait until the Reset complete message is displayed.- Then try to access the TVNZ+ app again.