We currently have the following Known Issues with TVNZ OnDemand:
Freeview Plus freezing on advertisements
We are aware of an issue some FreeviewPlus users have experienced where, on their Sony TV, TVNZ OnDemand will freeze after playback.
The team is working to resolve this as soon as possible. In the meantime, users may be able to get their video working again by pressing the blue button to exit to Live TV then pressing the green button to reload the TVNZ OnDemand app.
Loading circles continuously spinning when playing video on Samsung TV
We have resolved an issue some users have experienced where the loading symbols spin continuously when trying to play video.
The fix is available in a TVNZ OnDemand app update. Please make sure your TV is running v2.782 of the TVNZ OnDemand app.
FreeviewPlus exiting out to TV channels from OnDemand app
We are aware of an issue some FreeviewPlus users have experienced where, on their Samsung TV, the OnDemand app will exit out to a TV channel instead of playing content.
The team is working hard to resolve this as soon as possible.
Notice for Samsung S7 phone users
Unfortunately, the Samsung Galaxy S7 doesn't support digital rights managed video content. Because of this, we can't currently support this endpoint without risking losing the content we have on TVNZ OnDemand.
With this being said, we're actively working on a potential resolution which will mean TVNZ OnDemand is available on the Samsung Galaxy S7. We can't currently give an exact date, but we hope this is before the end of the year.
This same issue means we cannot currently support devices like the Samsung Tab A 10.1.
Receiving incorrect timezone error on desktop/laptop
If you are inside NZ and have followed these steps to check that your timezone is correct and you are using Windows, it may be that that the software for your timezone is out of sync.
We have found a fix for this which involves downloading a timezone update from Microsoft which is available here – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2756822
You will need to make sure you download the correct update for your Windows operating system (OS). If you’re not sure, you can check it via this website- http://whatsmyos.com – which will automatically report which OS you are using at the top of the page.
Having trouble resetting your password
If you haven't received a password reset email after submitting your email address in the Forgotten Password, there may be a chance that you haven't previously registered with that particular email address.
If you are experiencing this problem, please try signing up as a new account and see if you can login to TVNZ OnDemand.
If it indicates you already have an account there might be a chance your email provider is blocking our Forgotten Password email. We have made a fix for this and you should now be able to receive our emails.
If you are still experiencing this problem, please get in touch and let us know.
Getting a grey screen instead of a video player on my Mac
If you are a Mac user and you find you're getting a grey screen instead of a video player, this may be because you have a geo-unblocking service installed on your computer (Unblock Us, Getflix, Unotelly, dns4me etc). You'll need to contact them directly to troubleshoot the issue.
Alternatively, removing the geo-unblocking service should resolve the issue. To uninstall:
- Open system preferences by clicking icon on your dock
- Select Network
- Click 'Advanced'
- Select the DNS tab
- Highlight each DNS server entry in the right hand column and then press the minus button – you need to remove all entries
Once you’ve done that you should press OK and restart your machine. Then TVNZ OnDemand should start working again
If you are having trouble watching TVNZ OnDemand on your computer? Here are a couple of common things which might help.
- Check you have the latest Flash player - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
- Check your browser’s cookie settings and/or clear your cookies
- Trying viewing the video in different web browsers from the one you’re using such as Chrome, Firefox or IE9
- Check your internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or intermittent, it will cause problems watching our videos.
- Turn off any ad-blocking software or browser plug-ins as these can prevent TVNZ Ondemand video from working correctly
Problems watching TVNZ OnDemand on your mobile or tablet? Here are a couple of common things which might help.
- Check your internet connection on your device. Try visiting www.tvnz.co.nz in your browser to see if you can connect
- Turn your device off and then restart
- Force the TVNZ OnDemand app to close on your device and restart.
- Delete and reinstall the app
- Check you have the latest operating system on your device